Fostering Saves Lives
To become a foster parent:
- Please complete the online request if you have any questions about fostering with Ultimutt before sumbitting the below docuements
- You must live within an hour of our Veterinary Clinic in Hamilton for transportation reasons if the pet is with your at 6 months of age, otherwise this does not apply
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must be willing and able to bring your foster pet for medical appointments and adoptions.
- You must own your home, or confirm with your landlord that foster pets are allowed.
- You must be able to separate your foster pet from your personal pets if requested and required.
- Everyone in your home must agree to foster, and if anyone in your home has pet allergies, those allergies must be properly managed.
- You must complete the Foster Package in full as well as the Canine Application to include photos of where your pet is staying & provide your primary vet for reference
What’s a pet foster parent?
You will get the opportunity to love, handle and enjoy the experience of pet ownership without the financial comittment. We cover all of their vet appointments, supplies and accessories. We ask that you are in daily contact with our RVT with photos and updates.
Afraid you’ll get attached?
If you are interested in the foster to adopt program please let us know. Upon fostering, we allow 10 days for the pet to settle and for you to let us know if you plan to foster to adopt or if we should post the pet for adoption.
How long is the commitment?
The commitment varies per pet, but usually 3 weeks to 1 month. We are able to accomodate for any trips, appointments or vacation if you have a foster pet and need assistance.
What about my own pets?
We have a comprehensive package to fill out upon contacting us, we will place pets that we have vetted and behaviourally assesed that would be suitable for your home
What kind of pets are fostered?
Dogs of all ages and medical requirements, please email us to specify your previous experience if applicable
What else is required?
A separate space or room would be ideal for your foster pet to have their own set up and keep separate from your current pets as needed.